Vegan ‘tuna free’ salad Niçoise
A little taste of the Mediterranean with this light and easy, authentic salad from Willy Berton, Head Chef and owner of the Vegan Gorilla in Nice.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Ingredients for the salad
- 1 pot of Seabloom ‘Tuna Free’ Flakes (100g), defrosted
- 2 ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 70g green beans (about a small handful)
- 8 radishes (or fennel), finely sliced
- 1 cos or romaine lettuce, or 2 little gem lettuces
- 10 pitted olives in brine
Ingredients for the dressing
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Trim and boil the green beans until tender but so that they retain some bite.
- Meanwhile prep the tomatoes, pepper, spring onion and radishes.
- Then make up the dressing by mixing the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and seasoning in a small jar or jug.
- Once ready, combine all the ingredients in a large salad bowl, drizzle with the dressing, serve and enjoy!
To make the salad extra filling add a couple of new potatoes per person (boiled and sliced)… or mix it up with the addition of fresh herbs like basil or parsley, or a tablespoon of capers.