Vegan ‘tuna free’ puttanesca pasta
The perfect dish for a super-quick, mid week meal that’s full of flavour.
Cooking time: 7-10 mins
Preparation time: 7 mins
- 1 pot of Seabloom ‘Tuna Free’ Flakes (100g)
- 250g pasta (linguine is best, but spaghetti will also work well)
- 175g cherry tomatoes, washed and halved
- 35g pitted olives, halved
- 20g capers
- 1 handful of finely chopped parsley + some for serving
- 1 tbs olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh lemon juice to serve
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, add the pasta and cook according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, warm the oil on a medium-high heat in a large frying pan. Add the Seabloom 'Tuna Free' Flakes (straight from frozen), cherry tomatoes, olives and capers and stir for a minute or so.
- Add a splash of pasta water, put the lid on the pan and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until the tomatoes cook down a little and the Seabloom 'Tuna Free' Flakes are completely defrosted and warmed through.
- Season to taste and keep on a very low heat until ready to serve.
- When the pasta is al dente, add another splash of cooking liquid, ¾ of the parsley and the drained pasta to the tomato sauce and stir to ensure the pasta is fully coated.
- Serve immediately with a squeeze of lemon juice and a sprinkling of the remaining parsley.
If you like things a little spicier, add ½ teaspoon of crushed chilli flakes to the pasta sauce.