Vegan ‘tuna free’ mayo sandwich
A purely plant-based take on a classic, with a little extra ooomph!
Preparation time: 5-7 mins
- ½ pot of Seabloom 'Tuna Free' Flakes (50g), defrosted
- 2 slices of bread, toasted
- 2 tbs vegan mayo
- 10g celery, washed and finely chopped
- 15g red onion, peeled and very finely chopped
- 4 slices of ripe tomato, washed
- 4 slices of cucumber, washed
- 1 large lettuce leaf a sprinkle of salad cress (optional)
- In a bowl combine the Seabloom ‘Tuna Free’ Flakes, vegan mayo, celery and red onion.
- Assemble the sandwich any which way you like! We like ours with cucumber slices first, the 'Tuna Free' Flakes mayo mix next, and then finally the tomato slices topped with lettuce. Easy!
This recipe is SO versatile. You can add 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh coriander or parsley to the mixture… or 1 tablespoon of sweetcorn instead of the onions…or for extra tang, replace the cucumber with slices of gherkin. Your ‘no tuna’ sandwich, your way!