Vegan ‘tuna free’ Buddha bowl
Super healthy and packed with protein, this tasty Buddha bowl is sure to satisfy.
Serves: 2 large Buddha bowls
Cooking time: 20 mins
Preparation time: 10 mins
Ingredients for the bowls
- 1 pot of Seabloom ‘Tuna Free’ Flakes (100g), defrosted
- 150g quinoa + 2 cups of water
- 150g frozen peas
- a small head of broccoli (approximately 100g), washed and cut into florets
- 150g red cabbage, washed and finely grated
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 mini cucumber, washed
- salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for the dressing
- 1 tbs of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs French mustard
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- Wash the quinoa, place in a pan with the water and cook over a medium heat until the quinoa seeds open, approximately 20 minutes.
- Whilst the quinoa is simmering, cook the peas over a low to medium heat and steam or briefly boil the broccoli; you want them to be cooked, but to still have some bite. Remove from the heat when done.
- Prep the avocado, cucumber and red cabbage.
- Just before serving, whisk the dressing ingredients together in a little jar so that everything’s combined.
- Assemble the bowls by placing an equal amount of Seabloom ‘Tuna Free’ Flakes, quinoa, peas, broccoli, red cabbage, avocado and cucumber into each bowl. Drizzle with dressing and serve.
For added crunch, you can sprinkle a handful of sunflower seeds or pomegranate fruit over your bowl too.